Having a pool in your backyard is great, but maintaining your pool can be a chore. We want to make sure you continue to love your pool, so we’ve put together a quick guide to easily maintaining your pool.
- Skim the Surface: Every few days, use a skimmer to remove leaves, debris, and insects from the water surface. This will keep your filters from getting clogged and help keep your water clean and clear.
- Clean the Skimmer Basket: Your skimmer basket collects larger debris before it reaches the filter. Clean it out regularly to ensure proper water flow and filtration efficiency.
- Vacuum Your Pool: Use a pool vacuum or an automatic pool cleaner to remove dirt and debris from the floor of your pool. Regular vacuuming helps with water clarity and prevents algae growth.
- Check and Maintain Water Chemistry: Your water’s pH level should always remain between 7.2 and 7.8 and your chlorine level should stay around 1-3 ppm to kill bacteria and algae. Additionally, you should keep your water’s alkalinity between 80 and 120 ppm to keep your pH levels stable.
- Clean the Filter: Depending on the type of pool filter you have, clean or backwash it regularly to ensure proper filtration. A clean filter improves water circulation and overall water quality.
- Monitor the Water Level: Keep an eye on your pool’s water level and maintain it at the recommended height. This will help your skimmer keep doing its job effectively while also preventing damage to the pump.
Contact us today if you have questions about how to care for your pool or would like to enlist our help in keeping your pool clean and enjoyable to use.