If you have a swimming pool, you know that it must be cleaned regularly in order to be ready for swimming and to prevent damage to the filtering equipment and pump. Skimming the debris from the top is pretty easy to do, but you may be wondering if it is worth it to hire a professional pool cleaning service. There are several things a professional can take care of for you to make sure your pool stays in good working order and is safe for people to use.
- Regular Cleaning. Sticking to a cleaning schedule will help ensure that your pool is well-maintained and your equipment is functioning optimally. A pool cleaning service will regularly brush the walls, clean the pump and skimmer baskets, clean the surface of the water, test the water and add the necessary chemicals, vacuum the bottom of the pool and check the filter pressure.
- Check Equipment. One of the biggest benefits of hiring a pool cleaning service is they have the knowledge and expertise to properly maintain the pump and filter to make sure the motor does not wear out. The technician will also check for tears in the pool cover and check for leaks that the average home owner may fail to notice.
- Chemicals. Keeping the correct balance of pool chemicals can be tricky, especially if you have not been trained. An incorrect chemical balance can cause bacteria and algae to grow, irritate the eyes and skin and make your pool unsafe to swim in. It can also lead to damage to your pool.
- Time. While doing your own pool maintenance is doable, it does take a significant amount of time.
- Peace of Mind. Another great benefit to hiring a pool cleaning service is the peace of mind you will have in knowing that your pool is safe, well-maintained and ready for use at any time.
If you are in need of pool cleaning services, please give us a call at Pool Professors today!